Mathematics is vital to everyday life in developing the tools of logical thinking and problem solving. Maths equips pupils with a unique set of tools to understand and change the world.
At Holmwood School our aim is to help all children to develop mathematical skills and understanding to the best of their ability. We also hope to encourage and enthusiasm and for maths itself.
We aim to help the pupils to:
- Understand the nature and purpose of mathematics in everyday life
- Promote confidence and competence with numbers and the number system.
- Develop the ability to solve problems through decision-making and reasoning in a range of contexts.
- Develop practical understanding of the ways in which information is gathered and presented.
- Explore features of shape and space and develop measuring skills in a range of contexts.
- Develop confidence in using and applying mathematics and to learn to enjoy its challenges.
J. Wake and R Ford Maths Coordinators